We are pleased to announce this free half day workshop with our partners at West Yorkshire Community Accounting Service (WYCAS), funded by the National Lottery Community Fund, and delivered by Succeed Training and Development Ltd.
WYCAS work with us to offer free accounting and finance support to third sector organisations in Kirklees, including a monthly accounting clinic at our offices.
Aim of Course
To provide you with the knowledge and skills to be able to prepare and submit high quality funding applications, that stand a good chance of success. We will particulary focus on applying for larger grants from charitable trusts and foundations, but the course is open to anyone who is looking for funding.
By the end of the session delegates will:
· understand what charitable trusts and foundations are looking for in a grant application
· understand the principles and process for preparing and submitting a funding application
· understand the key do’s and don’ts when preparing a funding application
· Introduction and scene setting
· The Charitable Trust and Foundation environment
· Worked example of what a funder requires
· Do’s and don’ts when applying to a trust
· The importance of demonstrating impact
· Questions and discussion
Cost: Free of charge – funded by The National Lottery Community Fund
Trainers: John Harris and Rachel Walmsley
Please note: This training is fully funded for third sector organisations (charities, community and voluntary groups & social enterprises) in West Yorkshire, and particularly in Kirklees.