Please check the original event link for any updated information or last minute changes, we don’t accept responsibility for out of date information.
Did you know Leeds has declared a Climate Emergency and is working towards going carbon neutral by 2030? To reach this goal Leeds will have to change, almost beyond recognition.
No one knows what a zero carbon city will look like, but we think it can be a healthier, happier, more enjoyable place to live where we are more connected to those around us.
Do you want to help us build this city? We hope you do!
We are a new and growing group of people who have come together with a desire to live in a healthy, thriving, inspiring and sustainable environment. We believe a zero carbon city should take account of the current climate and biodiversity crisis and use it as an opportunity to rethink our city and the way we live.
Join us for food, short presentations, workshops, and find out how to get involved. The evening will include:
– Information on what Leeds is doing in response to declaring a climate emergency.
– An opportunity to take part in a People’s Assembly.
– Presentation/workshop on ‘A Civic Plan for a Climate Emergency’ – a manifesto for real change.
– Climate Emergency activism in the city – Youth Strikers and Extinction Rebellion.
– Overview of Citizens’ Assemblies and Citizens’ Juries.
– Plus plenty more.
The evening will be compered by Sai Murray, a writer, poet, performance and graphic artist of Bajan/Afrikan/English heritage.
We hope to see you there!
Doors will open at 5.30pm