Please check the original event link for any updated information or last minute changes, we don’t accept responsibility for out of date information.
This new, one day, workshop will explore the practical benefits an intercultural approach provides family and community engagement services and professionals.
- this is a new and innovative workshop
- the workshop combines practical and theoretical perspectives, with the focus being on the practical requirements of workshop delegates
- the workshop is flexible and adaptable, and will be shaped by delegate participation
The workshop is based on 4 units, taking delegates through practical and theoretical intercultural concepts and competencies.
The 4 workshop units are:-
- Engagement: reflection upon contemporary engagement issues and challenges
- Intercultural theories: a review of interdisciplinary intercultural concepts
- Intercultural competencies: practical cultural and intercultural competencies
- Intercultural practice: exploring the alignment of family and community engagement practice with intercultural intentionality