This new, one day, workshop will explore the practical benefits an intercultural approach provides family and community engagement services and professionals.
- this is a new and innovative workshop
- the workshop combines practical and theoretical perspectives, with the focus being on the practical requirements of workshop delegates
- the workshop is flexible and adaptable, and will be shaped by delegate participation
The workshop is based on 4 units, taking delegates through practical and theoretical intercultural concepts and competencies.
The 4 workshop units are:-
- Engagement: reflection upon contemporary engagement issues and challenges
- Intercultural theories: a review of interdisciplinary intercultural concepts
- Intercultural competencies: practical cultural and intercultural competencies
- Intercultural practice: exploring the alignment of family and community engagement practice with intercultural intentionality